Friday, February 21, 2014

The Friends You Make Along the Way...


#thehappytraveler

So here I am back in Paris!!! I arrived late Tuesday night by train after a looong day of traveling! People have asked me many times why I often go from Italy to Paris by train instead of just flying, which would be, of course, the much faster choice. It’s true: the train takes forever…AND there’s a 5 hour layover in Milano. But I have to admit that there is something I love about coming to Paris by train…something strangely poetic about traveling by train for hours and hours, reading, sleeping and listening to music while the scenery flashes by outside…for me it’s a little window of time to myself, to reflect and relax. Even the wait in the station in Milano doesn’t bother me because I’ve done it so many times now, that I have certain places I go during those hours and people I visit that work in the various shops around the station each time I’m there! Which brings me to what I love most about traveling in general: the people you meet along the way!
Without fail, every single time I depart on any kind of journey I meet at least one interesting and friendly person during the hours of travel…Whether it’s the person sitting next to me on a train or plane, somebody working in a café or store or someone that is kind enough to help me with my bags, I always find myself immersed in conversation with someone I have just met. In some cases these encounters lead to friendships that continue past the few hours spent chatting and in others they are fleeting, just a brief and pleasant exchange that exists only in that moment. Either way these are precious moments, that not only enrich my trip, but also just make my day better.
:)
The past few times I’ve come to/gone from Paris by train I have stopped at JuiceBar at the central train station in Milano while I wait for my second train. I want to tell all of you about it because it has become my new favorite spot! The food and fruit smoothies are delicious and definitely a healthier choice compared to what you usually find to eat around in a train station. My favorite smoothie is the Antistress: orange, carrot, banana and pineapple…sooo good!!! And the guys and girls that work there are extremely friendly! They are so used to me stopping in every few weeks that they always greet me as if they were running into an old friend and ask me with a smile "Are you coming or going this time?"...I look forward to stopping in there again the next time I pass through Milano, which will be in just a couple of weeks!

. . . . . . . . . .

Eccomi di nuovo a Parigi!!! Sono arrivata col treno tardi martedì sera dopo una luuunga giornata di viaggio! Le persone mi hanno chiesto diverse volte perché scelgo spesso di viaggiare dall'Italia a Parigi in treno invece che con l'aereo, il quale sarebbe la scelta naturale per un viaggio più rapido. Effettivamente col treno ci vuole tantissimo...e c'è anche un'attesa di ben cinque ore a Milano, tra i due treni che devo prendere. Ma ammetto che c'è qualche cosa che mi affascina del viaggio in treno...qualcosa di stranamente poetica del viaggiare per ore e ore, leggendo, dormendo e ascoltando la musica mentre il paesaggio mi sfreccia accanto...lo vedo come un po' di tempo per me stessa, per riflettere e rilassarmi. Non mi dispiace più di tanto neanche dell'attesa...ormai so dove andare per passare quelle ore; quei bar e negozi dove si sono stabiliti rapporti più amichevoli tra me e quelli che ci lavorano...Infatti, è proprio questo che adoro del viaggiare in generale: le persone che si incontrano!
Ogni volta che parto all'avventura, incontro sempre qualcuno di interessante ed amichevole durante il viaggio...Che sia la persona seduta accanto a me sul treno o in aereo, qualcuno che lavora in qualche bar o negozio dove mi trovo a far passare un po' di tempo o qualche buona anima che mi aiuta con i bagagli, tutte le volte mi trovo immersa in una conversazione con qualcuno che ho appena conosciuto. In alcuni casi questi incontri danno vita ad amicizie che durano oltre le poche ore di chiacchiere e in altri sono semplicemente scambi veloci che hanno inizio e fine in quel momento. In entrambi i casi comunque questi incontri spontanei arricchiscono il mio viaggio e mi rendono la giornata più bella.
:)
Le ultime volte che sono venuta da/partita per Parigi, mi sono fermata al JuiceBar nella stazione centrale di Milano mentre aspettavo di prendere il treno successivo. Ve ne volevo parlare perché questo cafè è diventato il mio punto d'attesa preferito! Ci sono tante cose buone da mangiare (panini, focacce, insalate, ecc) e le loro centrifughe di frutta sono squisite! Inoltre, è sicuramente un'opzione più salutare  in confronto a quello che uno trova da mangiare di solito in una stazione. La mia centrifuga preferita è quella Antistress: arancia, carota, banana e ananas…buonissima!!! E i ragazzi che ci lavorano sono veramente simpatici e alla mano! Sono ormai così abituati a vedermi ogni poche settimane che mi salutano come se fossi una vecchia amica, chiedendomi con un sorriso "Sei in arrivo o in partenza stavolta?"...Aspetto di rivederli ancora un'altra volta al mio ritorno da Parigi tra un paio di settimane!


Buongiorno Milano! Welcome to the central train station...

My first stop when I get off the train...

As you can see there is an extensive juice menu!

I love the choose-your-ingredients salad bar

Fresh fruit for the smoothies!

A great selection of sandwiches

My favorite: The Antistress Smoothie

A shout out to my friends at JuiceBar! I'll be back again soon!
Un saluto ai miei amici al JuiceBar! Ci tornerò molto presto!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment